Saturday, October 25, 2008

Back on the Scene, Crispy and Clean



Number three on my list of "Person(s) I'd Most Like to Have a Three-hour Dinner With." New song from Bjork, Nattura. Backing 'vocals' from Thom Yorke. The phrenetic drum pattern takes a minute to get used to, but it has an almost hypnotic quality to it. I dig it. I'm honestly at the point with Bjork that if I don't like something, I believe the issue must be with me.

Hopefully this means a new album is on the horizon. Video is a fan-generated piece, an interesting amalgam of many of her previous works. I'd highly recommend checking out her full video collection, especially Bachelorette.

I think Iceland is really the lost land of Faerie.

1 comment:

Eric Wojcik said...

We caught a Tricky video on TV the other day and were saying how he can't but only make interesting songs. You may not like it - but it doesn't suck, i.e. there's effort and thought there.

Bjork's the same way, although I admit, for all the bizarro vocalists I tolerate, I have trouble with her.