Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oh Snap! You Got Served, B-Rock!



This is becoming so tiresome.

Does Obama really have to defend himself for articulating the obvious? People in the Rustbelt are bitter because they’ve been economically disenfranchised for nearly three decades now. This is somehow slanderous and/or elitist? What? Oh, that’s right: HRC completed her law degree via a correspondence course and spent her nascent legal career doing pro-bono work for unwed mothers working in sweatshops. Nope, wait: she graduated from Yale and worked for a white shoe law firm. Yet somehow she understands the working-class better than fellow Ivy-leaguer Obama? You can almost hear the machinery in her head clicking as she cranks out this disingenuous drivel.

I feel like Roddy Rowdy Piper once he gets the sunglasses in “They Live"; can’t anybody else see through this $#!t? Didn’t the Dems lose the White House and Congress precisely for the reasons Obama stated? Didn’t these “optimistic” working-class people turn to Bush whose basic platform was: “Hey, I’m a decent guy, just like you! And I don’t cheat on my wife, because I love Jesus!” Are you really going to tell me Americans aren’t angry about the ramifications of globalization? Really? And Obama’s out of touch?

All respect I ever had for the Clintons has completely evaporated. The needle’s going into the red in that respect; I’m actually starting to loathe both of them. Man, I cannot wait until August.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's all stupid. I'm amazed you lasted until April with Clinton-feeling still intact.

Thing is, Obama is showing a massive amount of integrity, and I suspect the Clintons know it - and most insiders know this - but they need to 'play the game.' And I disagree with your messianic comment. Every candidate has its freaks and geeks, but I trust the judgment of Obama's core support (er... if because I'm directly a part of it, other than A-As): young liberals. Because that's pretty much the only demographic to get it right on the war and on Bush from the very start.